I really want comments on this one – lurkers.
The Obama driven “Health Care Reform” bill is just like the Patriot Act.
Poorly articulated, of dubious purpose and function, and being shoved down the throats of the citizenry.
Anyone who questions it must be “Un-American” “Un-Patriotic”, or merely a delusional whatever-wing fanatic.
Wow, different party in office, different agenda – same tactics.
Why will no one answer questions forthright?
Just give us the facts, no spin, no persuasion – let us decide for ourselves.
- Why do we need health care reform? What ‘exactly’ is wrong with our health care?
- What part of health care are you talking about? Provision? Administration? What?
- Does the government now get to decide what treatments are “covered”? – I have an HMO to deny my treatment now, what do I need the government to do that for?
- Is the government going to set up more “free” clinics? Or will every doctor now be drafted into “free” service?
- Will I have the right to a second opinion on my health care needs?
- Is the government going to subsidize my medications, therapies, and medical equipment? Will it all be free?
- If I am employed and must stay healthy to earn a living, will I have to wait in line at public clinics with all the unemployed sick people?
- What kind of emergency procedures will be covered? Experimental procedures? Routine procedures?
There are more questions, but my arthritis is acting up.
HEY! Why when I go to usa.gov – the government’s search engine – and type in “Health care reform” why do I get “98 results for health care reform out of at least 947,000”?
And why isn’t the text of the proposed bill one of the very first things I see? I can’t even figure out where to get a copy to read myself!
I went to healthreform.gov, the government’s propaganda site – truly it is because there isn’t a link to be found to the text of the bill!
Forget “Where’s Waldo”, where’s the bill?
Stress exudes a phantom song that plays,
A lilting tune – despite the moon – keeps slumber far away.
Although it’s time to shut my eyes and put my mind at ease,
I lay awake – and sleep forsake – because these rhymes do tease.
It must abate,
I cannot wait!
These maudlin lines must cease!
Alas! I find my words do bind, And I shall find no peace.
My faithful Dim – a cat, no hat –
Has dropped upon my chest,
His sonorous purrs and warm soft fur may yet persuade my rest…